American colloquialisms I plan to add to my vocabulary. (Note these sound uniquely and inadvertantly dopey in a New Zealand accent, enough to make any nearby American laugh so hard their soda comes out their nose. Use responsibly.)
– The good Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise
– No dog in that fight
– All y’all
– North Cackalacky
– Shut **up**! (*expr. of incredulity*)
– Dude, don’t harsh my mellow (*alt.* …harsh my buzz)
– Big whoop
– Asshat *or, even better,* Assclown
– Butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
– Like a mofo
– What**ever** (*W sign with fingers; bonus points for extended version, with accompanying hand signs:* …because You aRe A Loser)
– My bad
– Dude, that shit ain’t cool
– Tastes like ass (*v. important to say ass, not arse, as I have learned to my cost.*)
– Get your (*noun*) on.
– The Devil’s beating his wife (*when it rains while sunny*)
– A long ride on the waaaaahmbulance
– Git ’er done!