A *NZ On Air* pitch in eight tweets.
1. Palmerston North’s rinky-dink airport would make a great setting for a Roger Hall sitcom.
2. Its official motto is “Going Places”, a perfectly ironic title for the show.
3. It already looks like it was built on a soundstage at Avalon.
4. The sitcom’s protagonist is Madge the café owner; all her food is inedible (just like in real life).
5. Madge has a bitter rivalry with Shirl who runs the book kiosk by check-in. This is the main dramatic tension.
6. The Thrifty, Hertz, Avis, and Budget kiosks are all run by Tanya, who switches name badges as she ducks between them. Tanya is the comic relief.
7. The $5 departure tax stand is staffed by curvaceous Monica “Development” Levy. She’s the villain.
8. During the opening credits, a single bag cycles eternally on the luggage carousel.