A NZ On Air pitch in eight tweets.
- Palmerston North’s rinky-dink airport would make a great setting for a Roger Hall sitcom.
- Its official motto is “Going Places”, a perfectly ironic title for the show.
- It already looks like it was built on a soundstage at Avalon.
- The sitcom’s protagonist is Madge the café owner; all her food is inedible (just like in real life).
- Madge has a bitter rivalry with Shirl who runs the book kiosk by check-in. This is the main dramatic tension.
- The Thrifty, Hertz, Avis, and Budget kiosks are all run by Tanya, who switches name badges as she ducks between them. Tanya is the comic relief.
- The $5 departure tax stand is staffed by curvaceous Monica “Development” Levy. She’s the villain.
- During the opening credits, a single bag cycles eternally on the luggage carousel.